Photo: Mike DeWitt
Support the Florida Trail Association and hiking in Florida by becoming a member.
- Participation in the local Apalachee chapter with frequent group hikes and other activities shared by like-minded outdoors enthusiasts
- A subscription to the Footprint, our membership magazine packed with articles about Florida hiking and natural Florida
- Access to hundreds of guided outdoor activities each year, from gentle day hikes to rugged backpacking trips and out-of-state travel
- Free participation in F-Troop, our volunteer trail crew program that puts members out in the field to learn how to build bridges, boardwalks, and other structures that require teamwork
- Free workshops in trail tools and techniques, including crosscut and chainsaw certification
- A local chapter newsletter [The Blaze] packed with activities near your home
- State and regional conferences teaching trail skills, nature appreciation, and wilderness ethics while encouraging camaraderie and fun
- The official FTA window decal and FTA logo patch
Click HERE to see the FTA Membership Brochure for more information.
Not a member? Click HERE to become one now!
Annual dues are only $35 for an individual, $50 for a family.
My wife (Barbara J. Gill) signed up for a family membership, so I assume I am a member. I am trying to get my profile in the system, but haven’t been successful. How do I do that?
Here is the link to be added to our newsletter. https://floridatrail.us12.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=d94e2bfb893d536c0ce84bc23&id=dfaedfb427
The FTA main office in Gainesville, FL handles memberships: https://www.floridatrail.org/make-a-difference/become-a-member/
Hi there – a question, not a comment. As an FTA member participating in the hikes, are we allowed to bring our leashed dogs? I have a well behaved Lab who might like to come.
Hello, Daniele! I apologize for the delayed response! I thought I had previously responded to your message, but when I came to the admin dashboard today, it doesn’t look like my reply was previously sent! Again, I apologize!
Each volunteer Activity Leader has different guidelines regarding dogs for their hikes. So, the best place to find out if your pupper is allowed is on the event’s page on our Meetup.com site at: https://www.meetup.com/Apalachee-Florida-Trail-Hiking/ .
Hope to see you and your lab on the trail soon!
Depends on the hike and the activity leader. Most allow, but check with the activity leader. You can post in the Meeting Up discussion for that hike to ask.
I just donated $50. Am I a member?
Hello, Joseph! The memberships are handled by the FTA HQ. You can find their contact info on their website at https://floridatrail.org/ . They should be able to let you know your membership status.
After a friend posted on FB about the recent Torreya State Park get together and cleanup, I realized that was something that I felt that my family would be probably be interested in learning more about. Both my daughter and son agreed. We are interested in the best way to meet up with the group and see if we are a good fit. We are all based in Tallahassee, FL.
Hi, Greg! Thanks for your interest in the Apalachee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association! I was personally at the Torreya Maintenance Event this past weekend and it was a GREAT time! This chapter always has so much going on that I know your family will find a way to get involved and love it to! I recommend checking out our Meetup site at https://www.meetup.com/apalachee-florida-trail-hiking/ for event information and to particularly look out for our next Chapter Meeting and Program, to be held Tuesday, February 21. You will find information on lots of other events there too. If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to me on Facebook!
I was wondering about joining but is there a chapter near Okeechobee
Absolutely, Dee! Check out all of our chapters at https://floridatrail.org/our-chapters/ !